For the love of art...

I choose what I want to think... and do what I want to do... and keep doing what I am doing... Eventually, I turn my thought into reality...

Friday, April 23, 2010

Learn how to draw Stitch...



 

I drew it with a 2B pencil and shaded with 3B, 4B and 5B pencils. For the outline sketch, use a 2B pencil.  Take note of the proportions.  You need to exercise your judgement to gauge the proportions.

 After the outline sketch is made, you can start shading.  Erase unnessary lines.  Always remember to use a cloth to cover the shaded area. Do not rest your hand on the shaded area, rest instead on the cloth while shading on the other area. This is to avoid smudging.

The power of shading is in the ability to show the contrast in light.  For me, sketching is easy but when it comes to shading, it may take a certain level of patience. Shading is not colouring. You have to do it bit by bit, unless we are talking about shading on a large area. Then you might want to consider using charcoal. We definitely don't need one for this piece of sketch.

Be patient and finish the drawing. You'll be surprised at how well you are able to draw at the end of it :o).

For those who love Stitch...

No comments:

Post a Comment