For the love of art...

I choose what I want to think... and do what I want to do... and keep doing what I am doing... Eventually, I turn my thought into reality...

Sunday, April 18, 2010

The beauty of Sketching...

All my life, I've learnt to suppress my passion for art. So many people keep telling me that art is not practical in Singapore and that artists would starve. I had to give up art and work in jobs which I hate. I am glad that after all these years, I have the courage to pursue my dreams.

My little angel on the right, has accompanied me for 8 years. A wonderful 8 years. I always ask her if she could dance like Garfield haha...
It was raining heavily that night. I heard a kitten's wailing outside my corridor. I opened my door and saw a tiny angel which seemed to have lost its way. I was living on the 10th storey then and U wondered why and how she got here. I took my angel in, fed her and bathed her. I allowed her to sleep for the night. This little angel of mine behaved so well. By morning, she was still on the couch which i placed her for the night. She started to meow when she heard me coming out from the bedroom. I picked her up merely with my thumb and forefinger. She was so tiny and I guessed she must be hungry. Since she was so obedient, she was allowed to stay for another night. I left her on the couch again and the next morning, she was still at the same position. All right, I told myself that there would not be another night for her. I left my door wide open that afternoon, expecting her to leave and continue exploring the world. However, whenever she reached the door, she turned back immediately.

Days passed in a flash. She is 8-years-old now. She brings me so much joy, love and comfort. I didn't know having such wonderful pet could make a person smile everyday. Especially after a long tired day at work, when i get back home, she is always at the door waiting for me. Who says cats don't greet their owners?

When I took up drawing again, my angel is my natural subject. Every line and shade of her contains the love I have not only for her but also for the love of art...

Each portrait for pets costs $45 and above.






No comments:

Post a Comment